Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Magic Under the Glass-- Book Review




Nimira is a music hall girl used for dancing for pennies. So when a wealthy sorcerer Hollin Parry hires her to sing accompaniment to a mysterious piano playing automation, Nimera believes it will be the start of a better life. ( Back of the book)
I guess there was come controversy over this cover-- I can see why there was a problem with it. This isn't who I pictured on the cover and nothing like the descriptions. I had pictured someone Indian not this model.
Nim is a dancer and works and sings for Hollin a rich Gentleman. Nim works with the automation and slowly falls in love with him over 3 weeks time. Hollin and his wife are also prisoners ...which didn't make sense. Nim hardly freaked out at all.
This was a fast read for me. Sad to say this book didn't live up to the hype that I heard online about ...Glad that I'm passing the book on.
I would let my daughter read this book. Loved the time period, romance. Sounds like a series to me.
Book Review= 3
This is already out in Book stores now.
Thanks to AroundtheWorld tours for the book and this is my Honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks