Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Rant--School District

Dear School District--

I have been in this school district for 7 years. I have been able to get services for kids for speech for 3 of my kids. My kids have been in the preschool for 3 years. I do understand that things change and are different. That's been my experience so far and I 4 kids in the school district.

I have been pretty happy with teachers , schools and overall process of things. I even understand why Thursdays are the short days and dealt with this for 4 years.

But this year I have actually had reason to complain on 2 issues.

The new computer grading system..it doesn't have the IEP/Speech or English language learners on the form. Which if you are going to look at the child's grades and not see that IMPORTANT information regarding if they are getting services is wrong. I was surprised that I had to complain because I feel that its important part of the report card and it was on there with previous kids report cards.

The next issue is with the Centralized Registration Department. The information being give to me as Parent isn't very clear. I feel that moving all the Registration to one central location means that you will be able to see the flow of children at a school and have cause to close schools. I understand the reasoning behind this and I know that you are losing students to Homeschooling, other districts. I'm glad that someone called me to change a appointment because YOU overbooked at that time , not me. But I find it interesting that I made 3 calls within 1 week and never got a call back. I had to 3 visits to the Central Office just to get all the information, which could have been easily taken care with 1 phone call back. YOU need better PR. I feel the needs of being a parent are being slowly taken away, and that the only time you listen, is when we complain.

This used to be a Great district. I'm not too sure what your plans are for my children's school. I'm happy with the Staff and being able to communicate with them about anything regarding my children.

Sincerely

a mom

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're also sending a copy of this to your actual District Superintendent. I think you did a really nice job of describing your positive experiences, too, so that your complaints have more validity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to do that too.Yes April thats my plan.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks