Monday, February 22, 2010

When Mike Kissed Emma-Book Review

Emma Landon has a plan she's going to be in the high school musical and sing the most romantic song possible to her boyfriend.She's not looking for the lead, just a decent part where she and Trevor can dance on stage.The Plan starts to unravel when she gets the starring role, and playing opposite her is not her perfect boyfriend, but the school loner, Biker Mike.When Mike kisses Emma at the school dance, everything changes. ( Back of the book)


What a cute young adult novel. I could totally relate because I did a play in high school.

Emma -- telling the story

Mike-- loner, also in play

Trevor-- boyfriend and in play

It was nice to see a family in a book and siblings sticking up for each other. Emma is trying for the part of Liesel in the musical -- Sound of Music but ends up as Maria. Biker Mike is a loner and tries out for the play too and he gets the lead of Captain Von Trap.

This was a great book about friendships, and getting to know someone in high school. Its amazing how perceptions of people change once you get to know them. I think that true in any relationship . This was a fast read for me, but Loved the cover and story. Its a cute story and I would recommend my daughter to read this book.

Book Review=4

Thanks to Aroundtheworld Book tour for the book and this is my Honest Review.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like one Hannah would like; I will look for it for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm delighted you enjoyed the book! Thanks for the sweet review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this was lovely too. Very cute and sweet and fun.

    Nice review.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks