Monday, February 22, 2010

Whisper -- Book review


Joy is used to Hearing Whispers-- to walking down the street and instantly knowing people's deepest , darkest desires. She uses this talent for good, to make people happy and give them what they want.But for her older sister Jessica, the family gift is curse ans she uses it to make people's lives --especially Joy's miserable. Still when Joy Hears a mysterious and frightening Whisper from Jessica's own mind, she knows she has to save her sister, even it it means running away with a boy she barely knows--a boy who may have a dark secret of his own.( Back of the book).

This book was a fast read for me. This is a Young adult novel.

I was happy to see a family trying to solve the problem- not just a girl doing it all by herself.

I loved that it showed sisters with abilities and what can happen , whether good and bad and those choices.

I loved that there was some romance between some characters and then even more secrets are to be uncovered.

Joy does all that she help her sister even when they get into a huge fight at school. In this family all the girls have the gift.

I loved this book...and love the characters, and loved seeing a family work together because seeing that is pretty rare in books.

I would let my daughter read this book and talk about it.

Book Review=4


This book comes out in May and thanks to aroundtheworldtour for the book and this is my Honest review.

2 comments:

  1. Nice review, I look forward to reading it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that the whole family helps solve the problem! I'll have to look for this.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks