Saturday, April 17, 2010

Backseat Saints-- Book review


Rose Mae Lolley is a fierce and dirty girl, long-suppressed under flowery skirts and bow-trimmed ballet flats. As "Mrs. Ro Grandee" she's trapped in a marriage that's thick with love and sick with abuse. Her true self has been bound in the chains of marital bliss in rural Texas, letting "Ro" make eggs, iron shirts, and take her punches. She seems doomed to spend the rest of her life battered outside by her husband and inside by her former self, until fate throws her in the path of an airport gypsy---one who shares her past and knows her future. The tarot cards foretell that Rose's beautiful, abusive husband is going to kill her. Unless she kills him first. ( goodreads.com)

This is my first time reading this author and I had a tough time getting into the book. But once I got past the 100 pages it started getting much better and could understand what was happening.

Rose is telling the story and we see many of her memories through out the book , and it puts us into the mind of someone who has been abused through most her life..whether verbal, sexual , abusive.
This books takes place in 3 parts

I did like the gypsy that shows her 3 cards about her life. Her past, present, and future. Ro works at the family gun shop along with her husband. She is married to Thom , and he has tried to kill her many times on accident. Thom almost killed her after asking his father for a raise, and he would like to have kids, but Rose doesn't want kids in that enviroment.

Rose talks to both of her parents to make peace with her choices in her life. I loved Parker and what drew me to this book was this cover.

Book Review=4

Thanks to Grand Central for the book and this is my Honest review. This book comes out June 8th

4 comments:

  1. Hey!! I like your new site. CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the new design ;) parajunkee is so good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look! Your button is super duper cute and Gerard *sigh*. He is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, this book sounds gooooood! I am definitely going to have to check it out! :) Great review!

    I just found you through parajunkee and will now follow. Love the new look! Definitely one of my fav's! :)

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks