Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Reality Star Letter -- writing prompt

Dear Kate ( of TLC show fame) --

I'm a mom to 5 kids and I understand that you got famous from being a little show from TLC( John & Kate plus 8) . I did used to watch the show and could relate in some ways to you , but in other ways I didn't relate.  I didn't like how you treated your husband-- the constant nagging and worring about the house being spotless. But  i did notice the change over the seasons and it wasn't pretty to watch the change.

The last couple of seasons were all about you and getting the free swag. Your family moved to bigger house, got trips to Hawaii, and more free stuff for your kids. I didn't ever buy your books at all because I didn't want to donate to the Kate fund. Its that great that you were able to get the kids playhouses and pets and even have a professional chef come into the home. On our MLM site , we called it the Kate plus swag show..because every time there was something new for you or the kids.

I understand that going through a divorce is rough , and I understand that you are the working parent. But you aren't famous to me and I would love to see you go back and being a nurse and not on my television. I understand that you like to have ME time but come on the estensions have to go.

I'm not even watching you on Dancing with the Stars. Go Home and be with your kids and stop having nannies raise your kids because I see 8 kids that might do a tell all about you and Jon in the future. Thanks for the memories.

Best Wishes but your 15 mins of fame is over

Julie @ My 5 monkeys

7 comments:

  1. I completely agree with what you wrote. I saw that she was on the Today show complaining about how she hates being followed by the paparizz all the time and that she isn't about being famous. Yet she is always out buying crap and out interviewing. I wish she would go back home and take care of those kids. She talks about Jon wanting fame and not helping her with the kids, but she is just as bad. I love DWTS and I haven't been able to watch because I am so tired of her whinning on it all the time. Everything is hard and her teacher can't explain anything to her. She drives me nuts. I never watched her show and I never will. I won't watch her new show or buy any of her books. She talks about the Octomom, but she is worse. She is all about the fame. She needs to be more about her kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the tell all is definitely coming by the kids. There will be 8 tell alls and that will be a nightmare.

    I do like the extensions, much better than the duck-butt look!

    I just hope it all works out with her and maybe she can fade away to cable

    ReplyDelete
  3. You took the words right out of my mouth!! I'm really offended by the fact that she keeps playing the poor me card and saying she's a working single mom. Whatever. Yeah, like your life is so rough. Bah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with you. I used to watch some episodes here and there during our vacation (we don't have cable at home, but do in our summer rental condos), but had to stop - I couldn't stand to watch the way she spoke to her husband and was obsessive over clean floors and counters.

    I considered doing this prompt, and Kate was the first reality TV star who popped to mind!

    You took the words right out of my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So well said, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never saw her show. I have seen her on the Today show. It sounds like her kids really need her. Stopping from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. I completely agree.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks