Thursday, April 8, 2010

My fave book--writing prompt



Writng prompt of Fave book and why

I read this book in 4th grade and I believe that this was one of the first books that I reread all the time. To me this spoke to me about being special and different. I think that the cover was different when I was kid.

I liked the message that being different is okay and that we are all special in our own way.

I have no idea of what happened to my copy of this book, but this is book I recommend to my daughter to read too. But I think rereading this book brought me to my favorite place to hang out-- The library.

I remember riding my bike there and getting many books to read , and that was where I was introduced to new authors and books that just came out. I remember reading all of the Christopher Pike novel, Sweet Valley High, Nancy Drew, and Trixie Beldon

The book that brought me back into young adult reading was Twilight Saga and for that I'm glad to know what my daughter might be reading..I have found some new books like Hunger Games series, Mortal Instruments, Fallen, and now Iron King ...and many more books..

As a line from my favorite movie : this was the one that started it all-- LOTR

7 comments:

  1. I have never read that! Must put that on our list of library books to check out. Kaishon is reading up a storm these days : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read that one, either! I actually love reading children's books as an adult. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't know this one but i love celebrating difference in kiddos - such an important message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All my kids are grown now but I might just have to check that one out. Sounds like good read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like we have similiar taste in books! I loved the Twilight and Hunger Games books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's certainly an important message! There are so many good books around. My mom loved to read and tried to get me to do it too by taking us to the library. She even had me in a children's book club that mailed me a book each month but I never really read regular until after I was married. I feel like I missed a lot! I see there's a lot of good books for kids. I just was interested in sitting that long as a kid.

    Visiting from Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop. I used the fear prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that book. I like your new pic of Gerard.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks