Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bad Girls Don't Die-- Book Review

Alexis thought she led a typically dysfunctional high school existence. Dysfunctional like her parents' marriage; her doll-crazy twelve-year-old sister, Kasey; and even her own anti-social, anti-cheerleader attitude.


When a family fight results in some tearful sisterly bonding, Alexis realizes that her life is creeping from dysfunction into danger. Kasey is acting stranger than ever: her blue eyes go green sometimes; she uses old-fashioned language; and she even loses track of chunks of time, claiming to know nothing about her strange behavior. Their old house is changing, too. Doors open and close by themselves; water boils on the unlit stove; and an unplugged air conditioner turns the house cold enough to see their breath in.
Alexis wants to think that it's all in her head, but soon, what she liked to think of as silly parlor tricks are becoming life-threatening--to her, her family, and to her budding relationship with the class president. Alexis knows she's the only person who can stop Kasey -- but what if that green-eyed girl isn't even Kasey anymore?( Goodreads.com)

A doll, a sister, a house  made for a very good story.

Alexis-- pink hair and loner, and photographer
Carter-- president and interested in Alexis
Megan- Cheeleader
Kasey-- sister to Alexis and in 8th grade

Wow I loved the Cover and its a good Ghost story. Alexis and Kasey live in an old house , and lately Kasey has been acting weird. Alexis is a loner and photographer , and both of  their parents are working alot. There was an incident with Megan and Alexis , and a former friend.

Alexis is stepping out of her comfort zone and asking for help from Carter- who is interested in her & and Megan the cheerleader , who when she does ask for help , finds that they have more in common and there is even more to the mystery concerning their families, town and the house.Carter also mentions the building of the house-- very different styles combined. Alexis and Kacey have lived in the house for 8 years so far.

Alexis is able  dream about certain stories that pertain to the house and whats starts this off is her telling a story to her sister.

There was an ending ,but after it I had to email the author and ask if there was going to be more because there were more questions and I was curious if it was really over. This book is good for young adults and Yes I would let my daughter read this one.


Fave lines: Alexis Warren, your stalking me -- Carter Blume
I can't be me and hang out with you being you-Alexis

I could totally picture this as a movie ( hint hint )

There is going to be another book and will be buying that one too.

@katiealender

Book Review= 4

I bought this book and this is my Honest review

2 comments:

  1. Julie, thanks for this great review! Those are a couple of my favorite lines, too. :-)

    Trust me, I would love to make a movie! Maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks