Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Picture the Dead--Book Review

Jennie’s connection with her twin brother, Toby, grew stronger after he died in 1864. Now Jennie must rely on her ability to communicate with the dead to find out what has happened to her beloved fiance, Will, while he was off at war. The army says he died honorably in battle. His brother confides that he became a violent criminal and died in a prison camp. Jennie begins to doubt that anyone is telling her the truth.
This intriguing combination of historical romance, paranormal thriller, and clever mystery is illustrated by bestselling artist Lisa Brown. The unique visuals originated from real Civil War daguerreotypes that were transformed into eerie mementos for Jennie’s scrapbook.
With the help of a spiritualist photographer, the spirit of her dead fiance, and the clues she discovers and keeps in her scrapbook, Jennie must put together the pieces of this mystery before she loses her home, her fortune, and possibly her life. (goodreads.com)

This book to me was a bit more harder to get into , but once I did ..I liked it alot.

Jennie Lovell has lost her love in the war and his brother Quinn is her only lifeline to her love Will. Jennie is trying to solve the mystery from clues from letters and pictures. I liked the interaction between Quinn and Jennie.

I loved the pictures and storyline of Jennie and what she does to figure out why Will is so angry. She meets a photographer who is able to take pictures of spirits , and that starts her on her journey. She is strong female , who does help those around her and within her living situation. I loved the pictures that went along with it.

This is a good book and one book to recommend to my daughter.

Book Review= 3

Thanks to Source books for the book and this is my Honest review and this book comes out May 2010

4 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of this book before. Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing and the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reviewing this is May...actually I've already read and written the review. i just ccan't post it until May!

    I feel pretty much the same way you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good Julie. Kinda freaky though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does sound kinda freaky...mmmm I love freaky.....

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks