Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday Night Bites --Book Review

Ten months after vampires revealed their existence to the mortals of Chicago, they're enjoying a celebrity status usually reserved for the Hollywood elite. But should people learn about the Raves-mass feeding parties where vampires round up humans like cattle-the citizens will start sharpening their stakes.
So now it's up to the new vampire Merit to reconnect with her upper class family and act as liaison between humans and bloodsuckers, and keep the more unsavory aspects of the vampire lifestyle out of the media. But someone doesn't want peace between them-someone with an ancient grudge... (goodreads.com)
 
 
Merit is a fun snarky vampire , who has decided its time to move into the Cadogan House, where she stands as Sentinel. Mallory and Catcher (both sorcerers) are living in the house and always making noise.
 
Merit  is dating Morgan Navarre and has working Dates with Ethan Sullivan or Darth Sullivan. This book takes place over 2-3 weeks time frame.

I found that this book dealt with different types of family. The family you are born into (her parents) and the vampire family. Merit family is rich and has connections , that Ethan is interested in using for the House. I loved it showed her relationship with her sister and niece and what silent promise she made for herself.

Mal has to go practice her art in Detroit and they have a last hurrah with their dates in the house. It was where we find that Merit has a secret stash of chocolate. I want that drawer and I too have a stash that I hide away from my kids, so could relate about that secret.

Merit was trying to solve the mystery of the raves and we are introduced to the shifters and what role they are going to play in the Windy City. I liked that we got to see a bit more of Jeff . He works with Merit's Grandfather and is a tech guy. He also has a crush on Merit too.

Merit and Ethan have some great moments where they can just really talk. I loved the scene in the library and she is honest with him, and those are the moments that make her like him more, but being a Master/Boss--she doesn't want to cross those line. I loved the scene in the car , when they went to get some food. Its those little moments that make this book work.

It's either food or blood, Ethan.And given that's it's just me and you in the car right now, food would be considerably less complicated, don't you think?

Where was a boom box when you needed one ??

Some people like wine.Some like cars.Some " I said , tugging at the hem of his undoubtedly designer t-shirt,"like fantastically expensive clothes. I like chocolate.


There were too many good lines to put down here on the blog..but I was laughing alot. I'm getting excited for the next book and where that takes Merit and Ethan. I loved this book and her writing.

Book Review=4

I'm going to interviewing Ms.Neil about her next book ( Twice Bitten ) on June 18th--excuse me , being a fan girl. I wanted my first Interview to be with an author that I love.

I bought this book and this is my Honest review

3 comments:

  1. So is this part of a series? I haven't heard of it, but it sounds quite fun. I've always liked vampires (before they got trendy! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this book also. Congrats on the interview, can't wait to read it. ♥ Parajunkee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this series on my wish list. Glad you enjoyed it. I am now looking forward to it again. Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks