Monday, November 29, 2010

Across the Universe book Review

Across the Universe

This book has had some positive hype and this book lived up to it. It was awesome and there were a couple times I was saying Oh My Gosh. As soon I was done reading it I recommend this book to family and friends.

Amy is sleep hibernation because her family is traveling to a new world.She will be there for 300 years. Her parents both went first , so she could make the choice about going into sleep hibernation.

Elder is on the ship learning his new responsibilities when he will take over the ship. he is 2nd in charge but still a teenager.

These are the 2 point of views through out the book. We know what they are thinking and feeling.

Amy is dreaming and remembering Earth. She gets awoken 50 years earlier and not so sure of life on the ship Godspeed. Elder is starting to question more things from Eldest , and more curious of the world around him.

Amy is learning more about ship life and all of its imperfections. Elder is questioning more of things around him. I stayed up late reading this book. I kept thinking one more chapter and then bed.

There is mystery that Amy finds herself in the middle of and wants to solve. This book had me thinking about Race, Gene splicing , parents, choices . Amy is facing some tough choices being a woken while her parents are still asleep. Elder wonders if he can lead the people on the ship.

I did like Harley , and Orion. I did like seeing Amy memories of her boyfriend Jason and her memories of Earth.

Favorite Line: Because I want to cause some Chaos

Book review=A

Thanks to ATWT for the book and this is my Honest Review and this book comes out Jan 11, 2011 and I will be buying my own copy because its that good of book to share with my friends.

2 comments:

  1. So glad when something lives up to the hype. Gene splicing - now that's something you don't read about that often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you really loved this book. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks