Monday, January 24, 2011

The Demon Trappers daughter Book Review

The Demon Trapper's Daughter Riley Blackthorne is daughter of Paul who is the Demon Trapper. They live in Atlanta and there are some serious issues with the town being run down. There are two points of views of Riley and Becks. Denver Becks is the apprentice of Paul.

Riley has lost her mom to some illness and it has been just her and her dad for some time. Riley wants to like her dad , and very stubborn. She has very few friends at school. Riley loses her dad , and all alone. The only person there for her is Becks. Becks is bit older than her , and calls her kid alot.

Riley and Becks are both attracted to one another , and enjoyed the view points of some situations. Riley also meets Simon who is another apprentice who she also gets to know better. The demons seem to know her name , and they are working together. Riley also is figuring that all is not well with a certain item that they use to get rid of demons.

Riley is the only girl doing this kind of work and its in her blood. Riley is a strong character , but very alone in the world. I'm not going to give the whole story away , but there is kissing, demons, and witches, vampires.

Love the cover to this story, and this reminded me of City of Ghosts ( young adult version & lite) I know that these worlds are nothing alike , but some things did seem alike. I like this book enough to buy my own copy. I don't have a clue if there is a triangle or not , but I did love that Riley tells it like it is. This was different from my usual reading , and loved the change of pace.

Best Line: Your worth it Princess


Book Review= B

This book comes out Feb 1 and I borrowed this book through Karen & sending it off to the next person.

Author

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it! I haven't heard a whole lot about this one yet, but it sound interesting enough to add it to my TBR list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fabulous. Great review!
    xx,
    E.J.
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first I've heard of this book-it looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this book! I am very excited about the series. I am glad you were able to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks