Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Get to Know Book Bloggers #2.4

Do read all the book or do you give a book a certain page number if you can't get into it ??

I try to finish every book I pick up. Sometimes it depends on the mood I am in.  If I can't take much more after say third chapter or so, I put it away and try again later.  If I still can't enjoy it, I don't finish it.  If I DNF a book though, it is noted in my review that it was a book I couldn't finish with a reason why. --Amy Stuffed Bookshelf

 100 Pages is my rule, if its terrible after 100 pages it usually doesn't get better.--Tinas Book Reviews

 I give it atleast 50 pages.--Michelle Redheadedbook

I try to read the entire book, especially if it's a review request. But if by page 100 it's not going anywhere for me, I'll call it quits. --The Book Vixen

I have a 100 page rule simply because I don't think I should waste my time with a book that really isn't for me. I have WAY too much to read to do that. I feel that 100 pages gives the book a pretty big chance, and if there's absolutely nothing that I'm liking by then, I think it's more than fair to decide to put it down. --Natalie Mindful Musing

Most of the time, I read the whole book.  It has to be really bad for me to put it down.  If I'm having a hard time getting through a book, I may read a chapter a day, while also reading other books, until I get through it.--Andye Reading Teen

I read the entire book. I've only given up on 2 books ever, both of which I struggled through for weeks before giving up. Lots of books start out slow and end wonderfully, so I really attempt to give every book I read a real chance.--Jennifer Reading with Tequila

I usually read the whole book but if I really hate it I'll probably stop reading it.--Rebecca Biblignome

 I HAVE to finish a book. Especially if there is even one character that I like. I feel like I must know what happens. I will skim over most of the book to get to the end though. I won't review a book if I have to do that - I don't feel that's fair to the author. There have only been two books that I couldn't finish.--Karen FWIW

I recently had my first DNF, and that was only because of time constraints. I just couldn't get into to the book, but I kept reading it. Finally, I ran out of time and had other review commitments, so I gave up.  Other than that, I try to make it through - I've read books where I didn't care for 50% of the book, but loved the second half, so I try not to just stop.--Jen Twimom


I try to always read the entire book. Especially if it’s a book I’ve received for review. I don’t have a set page number where if I’m not into it I just give up and I can say that it’s been a while since I’ve not finished something. Actually….. I take that back, I just had a book that I couldn’t finish. Not because it was written badly, but because the actual content was just… wrong on so many levels.--Lisa Bound BY Books

I usually stop at around 50 pages if a book isn't interesting me, but I have been known to stop earlier and later too.  I do think that life is too short to read boring books though.--Emily What book is that ?

Kelli: I give it about 50 pages, or 1/4 of the book, whichever comes first. I don't force myself to finish if I'm not liking the book. 




Natalie: Well this is where I have to let "the cat out of the bag"... I am a book snob... Kelli reads about 15 books to my 1... she is my filter so I have the luxury of knowing I am going to LOVE the book (but we still do disagree on books, take Shiver for instance).--So Rather Reading

I do usually try to finish a book, but if a book is dragging I do give it 100 pages to keep my interest in the characters , and plot. I need to be using my book time more wisely. I haven't had too many did not finish it on the blog or in real life.

Stay tuned for the next week question

4 comments:

  1. Great answers!! Even though my rule is 100 I have been known to stop at 50 or 75 pages in...Take for example some self-pub books...ecckk some of those are terrible...thats why I wont read them anymore not matter how nice the author is I just cant do it!!!

    I agree with Emily- My time is to important to waste on a crappy book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time is my issue too! I just don't have time to force reading... it is "me time"

    I loved all the different views :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's YA, I'll finish the whole book, even if I don't really love it.

    Non-fiction, I stop wherever I lose interest. And "adult" fiction, I'll stop wherever, put it on the shelf, and come back to it later--sometimes years later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My rule used to be 100 pgs. But lately, with a huge pile of books to read, I've been doing the 50 pg. rule. I don't review it if I don't at least skim to the end. I have to know all the content of the story before I'll do a review of it.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks