Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I am number 4 Book review

I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies)


There are 9 survivors , and 3 have already have been killed. John Smith is the 4th alien , and he has moved alot with Henri who is John's guardian and friend. John and the other survivors need to killed in order for the charm to work.

They are now in Paradise OH , and John has started developing his powers. He also starts remembering more about his past with his grand parents and coming to Earth. He is only able to see snippets of his past.
John at a new school is trying to blend in, and slowly making friends with Sarah and Sam.

I loved that Sam was totally into Aliens and there was scene was had me thinking of another book when there was mention of Alpha Centurion ( Alien Tango by Gini Koch). John is having new experiences with his powers slowly growing , and dealing with a bully at school.

John also have a first love with Sarah, and there is alot of kissing through out the book. John is also taking Home Economics and learning how to cook food. John realizes that on Thanksgiving day while Henri is checking on a lead, that its doesn't seem right. So he calls his friend Sam and asks for help.

This book has action, romance, science fiction, and friends. I've had this book in reading pile for a while, and I admit I read it because I finally saw my other boyfriend in the movie. But this book was better than I thought it would be , and I don't know if this a series or If I will read the next one in the series. I did like the friendships and romance in the book.

Best Line : When you have lost all hope , you have lost everything.And when you think all is lost, when all is dire and bleak, there is always hope.


Book Review=B

I bought this book and this is my honest review

*** I found after I was done reading that it was book series was done through James Fey , and author I had no desire to read ever since the debacle with Oprah. But even then I had no desire what so ever to read his books.  This is series is with two authors like James Patterson does with many of books. I haven't read one of his books for some time.

5 comments:

  1. I've had this one sitting on the TBR pile since last May. I'm never quite in the mood to read it. The controversy surrounding it doesn't help.
    I'm sure I'll get to it at some point though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is on my TBR list....to be quite honest I live with my head in the sand and totally missed the controversy...now I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, I found out about Frey's involvement when I was half way through the book. I'm still half way through the book. Two days ago, I couldn't get back into the book because all I could think of was Frey. I despise the man. Just Google him and you find article after article about his sweatshop writer's group. Hughes, the guy who co-wrote I Am Number Four will not be writing the 2nd book in this series.

    I'll try to get back into it. Not sure if I'll succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What!? I missed the big ordeal? I need to google it because I was planning to buy the book and read it before the movie release...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the heads up...I don't think I'll be reading this one...

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks