Monday, January 10, 2011

Sea

SeaSienna has lost her mother during the 2004 Tsumani that happened in Indionesia. Its been 3 years later , and her dad has surprised her with tickets to fly with his medical group to help there again.


Sienna is there and remembering things that her mom has said to her. While there her dad wants her to get to know Deni . He is the leader of some local boys and his dad wants to help heal Deni with the PSD ( Post Traumatic Disorder ) and the loss of his family.


Sea is a nickname that Spider gave her while they were growing up. Before she leaves for Indonesia , they are realize that the relationship between them is changing. Spider brings up the story of Pirates and the orange haze and coming back to the person that they love.

This was a great story of love lost, love found again. I loved this debut and this a local author to me.


Sea changes through out the book , and notices more things about  her dad that she wasn't too aware of . Sienna always seems to think back of Spider . She also is able to help some of girls with the grief of losing family members.

I will remember orange soda because of this book.


Best Line : Because no matter how hard I try to keep them in my mind, some images slip away

Book Review=B

I bought this book and this is my Honest Review

2 comments:

  1. I heard a lot of great things about Sea when it first came out, but then things seemed to quiet down a bit. Thanks for reminding me that I need to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you enjoyed this one. I've heard some good things on it a while back. Sounds like a love story on different levels. :) Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks