Monday, January 31, 2011

Unearthly Book Review

rUnearthly (Unearthly - Trilogy)
Clara is a part angel and she has purpose. Its personal to the person to figure out what their purpose is to in this life. She lives with her mom and brother. Her father is in New York, and that's a mystery too of what happened to the parents.

Clara has been getting visions of a fire and a boy in trouble. Margaret moves the family to Wyoming so that Clara can do her mission. Clara feels like an odd around new friends. She makes friends with Angela and Wendy. I thought the friendships seemed very real and honest.

I did enjoy when they were studying British History with the class portraying different roles. Clara is a natural at doing things and Tucker who is Wendy's twin realizes that she perfect at every thing from skiing to horseback riding.

Clara has another friend who is also and Angel like herself ( Angela). I liked that the relationships between Christian and Tucker took its time. Christian is the hot guy at school, and Tucker is more rodeo guy. I liked that Clara was torn in her mission , and what guy to love.

Wendy and Jeffery both tell Clara that its not all about her or her problems. Which was great honesty and true family. There are lots of secrets with her mom , and her brother. Clara wasn't whining like other heroines in other Angel Books I have read ie. Fallen, or Hush, Hush.

Best Line: Still , I decide I need to take the whole purpose thing more seriously. No more playing a normal girl.I'm not. I'm an Angel-blood. I have a job to do. I need to quit whining, quit stalling, quit questioning everything. I need to do it.

No Offence , Clara , but sometimes it's not all about you

Through out the book --Tucker reminded me of Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables with his nickname of carrots to Clara. This book had alot of hype around it , and I was apprehensive of reading it . I was hoping that it would live up to the hype. I think the cover is very beautiful. My luck with reading Angel stories has been a mixed bag. I do enjoy the first book in a series but I do try to read the seconds books to see if I still care what happens to them. This book did bring up Destiny and choices , and I know that there are many more questions still left unanswered.

Book Review= B+

Thanks to Harper teen for the book and this is my Honest Review, and this book is out now.

There is only kissing in the book, and families are in the book. I would let my daughter read this book.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I am looking forward to reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the mc isn't whiny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard this wasn't bad, it sounds pretty interesting. I am with Alyssa, I am happy the main character isn't whiny. That ia always my fear when it comes to reading YA books. But this was a great review. I will try to check it out. Thank you for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review Julie...:D

    I really cant wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad she isn't whiny--the whiny routine is getting a bit old. I was hesitant to pick this one up because I am tired of the angel motif--for me it hasn't been a big hit. I might take a look at this one though. Thank you for your review!

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks