Tuesday, May 31, 2011

StarCrossed Book review

Starcrossed

Helen Hamilton  lives in Nantucket . She is tall and beautiful. Her mom left a long time ago, leaving it with just her and her dad. Her best friend is Claire who is petite like me and 5'2 and Asian. Claire tells Helen that things are going to change for them this year and they will have boyfriends.

Things start to change for Helen when the Delos family moves to compound. There are many children who are her age. She also learns about them through some of the town gossip. Once she goes to school , and meets Lucas , she has this urge or desire to kill him. Helen wants to also make it off the island with a track scholarship.

Through a rough couple of days with the Delos boys, she finally has the chance to talk/fight with Lucas, and through that experience her life is changed. She also learns more about the Delos Family and herself.

This was in interesting take with the Greek mythology , and what life would be like if  FATE or Destiny was already chosen for you. This book made me want to read the up on all the Greek Mythological persons . I loved all the characters of Pandora, Daphne, Jason, Claire, Cassandra, and Hector. I loved the mention of Helen of Troy & Paris. I loved that the relationship slowly grew over time. The character to watch for is Daphne. I can't wait to see what she does next .

I love that Helen has issues with her mom, and that she tells her dad as much as she can. I also love the friendship between Helen & Claire.

Best Line: You and I can't be together, so just get it out of your head and move on.

Book Review=B

Thanks to NetGalley and Harperteen for letting me read this book and this is my Honest Review

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review. I'm glad you enjoyed this novel and it sounds like it did the trick if you want to read up on Greek Mythology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I just bought this one and am really looking forward to reading it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks