Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wolfsbane Book Review

Wolfsbane (Nightshade, Book 2)This book is in two parts

Calla made a choice to go after Shay in the last book. She wakes up to a new place, and meets some other people who she doesn't know whether to trust them or not.
While at the academy with Conner, Ethan, Silas, Tessa, and Adne. She learns more about the REAL History of what happened. She also finally sees Shay again. While she is away from the pack, things are changing and the choices are just as tough as before.She wants to rescue the pack  after all this new found information.She learns more about Shay and his special calling.



Shay is just like any teenager boy who wants to have sex with his girlfriend. Calla still has feelings for Ren. She wants to love who she wants to love, but wants the choice. She has to make some tough choices to do.

I did love the addition of Adne and Conner. They made the story more interesting. I do think that the story taking place in a new area , and loved the different wings in the academy.

Monroe was a pleasant addition and nice to see another adult with them during training.

This story was better than I thought it would be. I also think that the author brought her A game, and made Calla suffer a bit , and bringing the story to a more satisfying climax. There are kissing, betrayals, choice, family, pack, and Magic. I do like the first cover, but the cover that it is now is more with the book.

Team Calla all the way

Best Line: Romance is dead. We're on the clock

Book Review= B

Thanks to penguin Teen for the book and this is my Honest Review

2 comments:

  1. Julie surely someone besides myself was wondering about the 2nd book in the series... I am soooooo looking forward to this one, my copy of nightshade was in my hands no more than a few minutes before I cracked it and devoured the story and when get a copy of Wolfsbane it is going to be read just as fast...

    I am happy to hear there are new additions to the characters, glad there are no easy swift resolutions to Calla's plight and even more happy that my favorite cover that is no more was replaced by one that fits the book better... I was really bummed when the new cover was revealed, however it is what it is so what is between the pages is what counts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you enjoyed the new characters. Sounds like Calla has it tough. I do miss the old cover!

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks