Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cinder Book Review

Cinder is a cyborg and a mechanic working in New Beijing. Kai the prince comes to her shop asking her to fix a robot that is special to him. Cinder is also wanting to run away from her step mother.

There is some sort of plague that is killing off robots. Cinder doesn't really remember much of her life before an accident. Cinder also loses someone very dear to her, but unable to cry. I loved that Kai was slowly getting to know Cinder.

I loved that she was doing such different work and getting dirty on the job.

This was a very different telling of Cinderella. There were times she was a strong female but other times she wasn't. I loved the new world with the Lunars and such interesting side characters of Peony , and the Doctor.

This was steam punk but science fiction mixed up. I loved this cover and overall I was impressed with story and can't wait to see what happens with Cinder. This is one series I want to continue reading more .

Book Review= B-

This book comes out Jan 12, 2012

Thanks to Macmillan and Net Galley and this is my Honest Review

3 comments:

  1. I've been going back and forth about reading this book. I love fairy tale retellings, but I am not sure if this would suit my tastes. On the other hand, I love steampunk. You definitely gave me something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also been teetering on whether to read this or not... I think I might pick this one up. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed Cinder but there were just too many genre's competing for attention so the characters weren't developed enough for me.
    Like you said CInder is a tough mechanic one second then love sick the next.
    I might read the next one but I'm in no rush.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks