Monday, December 19, 2011

The Gathering Storm Book Review

Duchess Katerina wants to become a Doctor but its tough in the 1880's. She is rich and also has some special abilities as a neocramcer. She goes to many balls and   the reader also gets a history on Russia and all the Russian families.

Katerina meets and dances with both Arch Duke George and Prince Danilo. One of these gentlemen asks for her hand in marriage. One of them she actually cares for , and another she has to marry to protect her family.

She is also trying to solve the mystery of why her friends are getting sick, and dealing with other supernatural elements living around her. There are many Vamps, Fae, Zombies, and Ghosts.

Best Line: I wished there were a textbook of undead creatures, or field guild. It would make my life so much easier.

I love the book cover , but the first half of the story was slower than the rest of the book. I do understand why they had to have so many balls in the beginning. I think the book was a good I did want to see what would happen. I loved that Kateria was trying to fix her mess , and trying to help her family.

Book Review= C

This book comes out Jan 10th , 2012

Thanks to Delcorte and this is my Honest Review

1 comment:

  1. I've seen a few bad reviews of this one. I'm towards the beginning of it now. I haven't formed an opinion yet b/c not enough happens. I really want to like it, so hopefully I won't have the same problems as other people.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks