Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Incarnate Book Review

Ana is a no soul and the only on of its kind. She has had a tough life being raised by the abusive Li, who has been on her own since her lover Meneham left. She is asked to leave by Li and has a bad compass. She gets attacked by sylph and jumps into water. She gets rescued by a mountain man named Sam.

Little does she know that Sam is her favorite music artist. Ana has very few likes of that of music, and reading. Sam saves her and helps her heal along the way. Ana and Sam are both traveling to Heart. She wants to find out more about herself. Sam has business to attend to.

Sam has also lived many thousands of years as either a male or a female. He is attracted to Ana but waits a while to act on his feelings.

In Heart the citizens battle against dragons. While Ana in now in the town of Heart with Sam as her guardian, she starts learning more about nature, music, and dancing. I am curious to see what happens in the next book with the town of Heart and the Temple.

I had such high hopes for this book. I admit that the cover dragged me in to read this story , but the characters fell flat, and the ending came out of now where. I did feel the attraction between Ana and Sam, but it wasn't swoon worthly for me to fall for this character.  I do love that this was a fantasy Utopian book. I get that love knows no bounds no mater what gender. Sam has the patience of a mother , but I found his attraction to Ana a bit weird since he was 5000 thousands years old but the body of an 18 year old. I think also with the reincarnation being added into the mix, definitely made the story different but not for me. I think the reincarnation made this story more interesting , but its not something I believe in.  You might enjoy it. I also enjoyed all the side characters like Whit, Sine, and Stef.

Best Line: A little . I wanted to believe we were here for a purpose. 

While reading this book...I thought of this movie and it made me understand the book better.

Book Review= D

This book comes out Jan 31

Thanks to Harper teen for the book and this is my Honest Review


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the honest review! I've heard lots of mixed things when it comes to this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry this one didn't connect for you, Julie. I have an ARC that I will be starting soon. I plan to read it w/an open mind, but I've read very altering views. Thanks for your honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That, my friend is a disappointment. I love this cover, it is absolutely gorgeous. I'm sad to hear you didn't like it. Takes it off my TBR *sniffle*

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks