Thursday, February 23, 2012

5 Questions with Spencer Seidel


1.      How did you come up with the title?

Ugh. Titles. I hate coming up with titles. Lovesick began as “The Streets of Portland,” which I knew was terrible. When I was about a quarter of the way through my first draft, I was brainstorming on titles using the word “love.” It then just popped into my head. Lovesick is a kind of twisted love story, so it seemed like a perfect fit to me.

2.      How much of the book is realistic?

As always, some of the individual scenes or back stories are, in some vague way at least, based on memories. But unlike my last novel, Dead of Wynter, Lovesick is largely made up.

3.      Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

Not really, although I suppose you could argue that the Wendy and Paul love story is perhaps my (admittedly wicked) way of interpreting the one-that-got-away experience everyone seems to have, myself included.

4.      Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

The most challenging thing about being a writer for me is keeping the faith that it’s something worth doing. It’s awfully easy to get carried away by the doom-and-gloomers in the industry, or with the ego-maniacal folks in the industry you run into occasionally who don’t seem to realize that we’re all in this together. It’s a tough, tough business, and sometimes it’s hard for me to separate that from craft.

5.      What are your current projects?

I’m now working on a horror novel, or what you might call a supernatural thriller. It’s not gory, just creepy. It’s a bit of a departure for me, but I’ve been wanting to do it for a while. I’m not quite ready to reveal the plot or title, but I am excited about the project.

Thanks Spencer for being here. 
This book was unexpected with all the characters. Thanks for being here on the Tour. I appreciated reading your book and meeting all the characters. 


For more of the Scavenger Hunt --Go this page 

1 comment:

  1. Love the title and I love the cover.

    Fun interview too.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks