Saturday, February 25, 2012

Starters Book Review

Callie parents are both dead. She is in a house with her brothers, and they have no money. The only way she help her brothers survive in the new world where a spore war killed off many people. There are Enders and Starters in this new world.

Callie decides to go to Prime Destinations and get the money there. There someone can rent her body for 3 times , and she can finally get paid. She decides to to this for the family. While being rented out she has dreams of her siblings.

While her body is being rented by Helena , she finally wakes up and wonders what all has happened while she has been out. She is able to communicate with her, and finds out that things aren't all what they seem. She meets Blake and even has a little relationship with she sharing her body. There were some references though out this book to Cinderella.

This made me think of the movie Surrogates with Bruce Willis , and  I have seen made mention of Doll House from TV. This was an interesting world and brought up some things to think about with sharing bodies, living life to the fullest. I didn't see to many lines that stood out to me. I thought that this world was survival of the strongest. I did find the villain especially creepy and wondered who he was , and why he was doing all of this. I also thought that what he was doing was cruel to the young people.

Book Review = C

This book comes out March 13

Thanks to Random House and this is my Honest Review

1 comment:

  1. Have you read The Host by Stephanie Meyer? That was a cool story about sharing a body.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks