Thursday, August 23, 2012

Speechless Book Review

Chelsea is lying to her mom. She is drunk at the party and needs to go to the bathroom. She walks into a bedroom and see two guys making out. She is the girl that can't keep a secret. One of the boys is hurt, and she feels guilt over it. She decides to take a vow of silence.
She loses her friends, get bullied at school. She feels guilt over what she did and said.

Chelsea is on a journey , and comes to notice things while being silent. She makes new friends, and finds her voice. She realizes what is important to her, and that words to hurt others. This book had a good message about standing up for oneself, and for asking for help. I thought more punishment should have happened to some characters.

Best Line: Hate is easy : But love takes courage

Book Review= B

Thanks to  HarlequinTeen for the book and this is my Honest Review

This book comes out Aug 28

3 comments:

  1. Good book with a great message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I saw this in the store already and I realized how much I love the cover. It evokes a lot of meaning without saying much.

    ------
    Giselle from Book Nerd Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this one a lot--I'm glad you did too, Julie!

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks