Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Brides of Rollrock Island Book review

These are several stories of the many characters who happen to live on RollRock Island.

These stories happen over time. It starts with the story of Misskaela who happens to have some magic. We also meet her family, and see how she grew up and her choices. She is able to call on the seals from the sea.
We meet some others characters who want a girl from the sea. Many lives are changed.

One of the most touching vintage was that of a son's love for his mother. He could see her in pain. Things aren't all what they seem, and secrets are uncovered and past choices are discussed.

This book was mature in content, and very mythical. I loved that the women were strong in this book. I loved seeing this book through the many different generations and the different point of views. I loved how everything all came together.

Best Line: Peace fell around me, and I was alone at the Crescent corner with the sea and the moon and starlight playing upon each other, and the seals sinking back to their rest.

Book Review = B

Thanks to Random House for the book and this is my Honest Review

This book comes out Sept 11

2 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to reading this one soon! I've heard really good things about it, and I'm glad you enjoyed. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that line you quoted. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks