Friday, October 19, 2012

Of Blood and Bone Book Review

Eva Talbot travels to Malta for her dissertation projection. She slowly gets to know some of the people. She meets Adrian , and Luca within a close time frame. Eva is more attracted to Luca , but he is the town's recluse. She meets Luca on this occasion and she has a feeling that he can see into her .

Luca has some issues with his mother. She is a bit crazy. She also thinks that her son is evil too. Luca has been having blackouts , where he doesn't remember anything at all. Adrian has been working for the Luca's family since he can remember. He is like a brother to Luca.

Eva is attracted to Luca, but doesn't want to cross the patient & doctor privilege since she is helping out his mother. Eva also finds a dead body , and then since Luca is so concerned about Eva . He asks her to stay at the estate with him at Chessare.

I loved that this story is told in different point of views. I loved the romance that happened between Luca and  Eva. This reminded me of a Beauty and the Beast & Jekyll and Hyde. I found there to be a mixed message about assault . Eva wanted to happen . I also found that there was mention of Rape a couple times. I enjoyed this books sexy times , and there were many of them. There was a scene that I didn't like it , and one characters response was horrible. Overall I enjoyed this book, but it sent a mixed message about the romance. That's my feeling on it.


Book Review: B

Thanks to Kismet for the book and this is my Honest Review




About Courtney Cole 

Courtney Cole is a novelist who would eat mythology for breakfast if she could.
She has a degree in Business, but has since discovered that corporate America is not nearly as fun to live in as fictional worlds. Every Last Kiss is her debut novel and she followed it with the rest of The Bloodstone Saga (Every Last Kiss, Fated, With My Last Breath and My Tattered Bonds).Courtney lives in quiet suburbia, close to Lake Michigan, with her real-life Prince Charming, her ornery kids (there is a small chance that they get their orneriness from their mother) and a small domestic zoo.



2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm I don't know. I'd have to know a little more about what the mixed message is.

    I've been kind of turned off by books where no means yes lately. I'm not sure if that's the case here but you can let me know Julie :-))

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks