Friday, December 7, 2012

Teeth Book Review


Rudy is living on some unknown island away from his friends. He there along with his parents because his brother Dylan needs the magic enki fish to eat to help get better with the cystic fibrosis. Rudy is the only teenager on the island it seems. He finds out that this is girl too. Diana hardly ever comes out of her house , and everything she has learned from has been from books. Rudy saves a merman on the beach , and rescues him. Rudy then starts seeing the fishboy more often around the island. Rudy also is unable to swim. Rudy starts making friends with Fishboy( Teeth).

While getting to know Diana and a Teeth , he learns that this island has many secrets on it. He is attracted to Diana and they make out a couple times.

I don't to give any more away but this book was rich and complex . It dealt with many types of love, and relationships. It also dealt with physical illness , that you can see affects everyone. This was a comtempory fairy tale . There were so many times I wanted to hug Teeth , and there were times I wanted to slap him at times. There was also mention of many books through out it from Harry Potter to Runaway Bunny.

I was lucky for this privilege to read this book. This is also my first time reading this author. In this short book , there were many twists and turns. I thought I could guess what was coming, but I was wrong. I loved this book. The cover fits this book perfectly. I could go on and on with my love of this book , but I won't. There was bad language, and information for more mature adults.

Best Line : The closet I can get to anyone outside my family is apparently a grip on the shoulder from fortune-teller girl, a girl with my mom's name, and a series of piercing screams that may or may not be the wind. And Fishboy on a rock.

Rudy
I am locked in my tower, awaiting your rescue. But I'll meet you at the door. My mother typically cries in the bathroom most Tuesday nights, on the opposite end of the house. For your peace of mind.
Perpetually ,
Diana



Book Review: A

Thanks to Simon Pulse for letting me read this book and this my Honest Review
this comes out next month

2 comments:

  1. This sounds kind of odd but very interesting.

    I didn't notice the scales and hooks on the cover until ou pointed it out. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Karen, it does sound interesting. I love when you want to hug a book!

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks