Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Madman's daughter

Juliet Moreau has died , and now she works at a school cleaning up after the doctors. She has very little money. She sees a sign about her dad and wonders if he is back in England.  She finds instead her old friend Montgomery. He knows about her dad, and she has many questions. She also meets Balthasar who is very different.

She travels with Montgomery to the island. Along the way they find Edward who doesn't know where he came form. They reach the island and she finally sees her dad. She is curious about things, and learns some more about the island secrets.
She learns of the horrors taking place on the island. Everyone has a secret , and she is torn between Montgomery and Edward. They are both very different . The island is a keeper of secrets.

If you like Gothic novels then you will enjoy this one. I didn't root for any boy at all because she does make a choice. She is smart, and very sly . She also wanted to solve the mystery .

Best Line : I felt something , but it didn't have to do with the new compound.

Book Review= B+

Thanks to Harper for the book and this my Honest review

3 comments:

  1. I didn't root for either boy but that was because I didn't like either of them. Overall the book was much too creepy for my taste-guess I don't like Gothics very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting that neither of you liked either boy. If bookworm says this was *too* creepy, I will probably like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing good reviews of this one! I might have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks