Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mini Reviews -- Mila, Altered, Table for seven, Severed Heads

 A girl who finds out that she is a robot, and she doesn't really know how to take it. She is crushing on a boy at school. This was a more of a mother daughter adventure trying to run away from the bad guys. Mila learns more about herself and meets Lucas and she gets tested. I loved that this book has little romance , but it seemed to to missing something or I expected too much from this book.

Book Review = C

Comes out March 12 and thanks Harper Teen
 4 boys with special abilities and they are being monitored daily. Anna helps take care of them, even though they live in a lab. She is attracted to Sam , and enjoys their chats. Nick, Trev, and Cas are the other boys. Anna and the boys learn more about their pasts. This was very Bourne like and full of action. Anna has a different relationship with each of the boys. More secrets come out and this book was a fast read and I enjoyed it very much.

Book Review= B

This book is out now
 Ezra is a popular tennis player at school . He gets into an accident  and struggles with finding his place at school again. He meets Cassidy and his life changes. He also reconnects with his best friend while growing up. He also does the debate team , and this year ends up being a year of growth for him. There is mention of Twilight, Harry Potter , and In N Out . I enjoyed this boy point of view and also there mention of Gatsby through out the book.

Book Review= C

This book comes out in June
Coop & Audrey -- 2 single people
Jaime & Mark -- blended family
Fran & Will -- married for 15 years
Leland- widower who gives advice

This book takes place over a year with different people hosting . During the month we see what's happening with each of the couples or the starting of a couple. Fran wants to get Audrey with someone. Fran also harbors a crush on Coop. Jaime is a step mom and also raising 2 young children. Mark is always attached to his phone, and he deals with his ex wife Libby. Fran and Will are dealing with kids issues and marriage spark issues.
I got this book because of my blog name :)

Book Review= B-

This book comes out April 23

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you told me that you loved Altered. I have ti but probably would have passed on it. it never grabbed my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it awesome . I highly recommend it you love bourne movies

      Delete
  2. Hee hee, I noticed that the last book had your blog name--I did a double-take! I liked MILA, although I agree some things definitely could have been done better.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm glad you enjoyed some of them at least.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks