Monday, April 15, 2013

Blog Confession - How long will you blog ??

April 15th - How long do you see yourself blogging for? Do you think it's OK for a blog to evolve over time? For example: You may have started out as a book review blog but now your interest is in cooking as well. Do you incorporate that or start over?

Actually I am quitting in June at the end of the month. It will be for a very long break.  Yes I think its great if a blog evolves over time because I totally understands the change that happens over blogging and with tastes changing. I would add them both , and have noticed that I following blogs that do both now. 

Well my blog started as a family blog to let family members know what was happening. Then I made a few contacts and tried the mommy blogging thing. I did get to try some awesome events within my town to review, and made some wonderful friends. I even worked as a discussion leader for my Local ABC station with other moms. Then I made some contacts with some publishers and while doing the family/mommy ...I made the blog into a book review blog. My blog has changed over time like I have changed. I have learned that the I love the book blogging community more. I trust my friends for book reviews. I did move my personal family blog to a different platform , so I could try it out. 

I think with Reading that tastes to change. I love reading sci fi and even fantasy , which I never would have imagined. I also have changed and blogging & book reviews used to be fun. Sometimes its a job , and other times its fun because the book has been amazing. 

I have read some amazing books and met some amazing authors. This year has had some wonderful books. 

Thanks Pam and Karen for this topic 

21 comments:

  1. Nooooo! I will miss you! :( Okay, enough with the guilt thing. I understand that just sometimes you need to move on and when you're not feeling it, whatever project you're working on is not fun anymore.

    I think the cycle of your blogging is very interesting and I wish you the best of luck with whatever you're going to do. I hope you'll still be on Twitter and stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will still be else where on line and yes to twitter :) Not completely going away

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear you're taking a break, but we have to do what's best for us and our lives. Enjoy the time off and I hope we see you again in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear you're leaving. You sure you don't want to combine them? :)

    But I understand. Good luck shug.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hugs and not really want to combine them right now ..going back to school

      Delete
  4. Aw, Julie, I will miss you! But it's good to take a break, I feel the urge to do that all the time. I'm glad you won't be completely gone, though, and that I'll still be able to stalk you on Instagram and Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can stalk you too. I won't be completely gone but not book blogging as much LOL

      Delete
  5. You know I'll miss you but I'll text stalk you and on twitter. You can't hide from me!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will miss you too but yes you can text me , stalk me etc lol

      Delete
  6. It's great that your blog opened so many interesting and unexpected roads for you to travel on. Enjoy your time off and come back when you're ready! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks and not leaving til june :) I will come back don't worry

      Delete
  7. I love how your blog evolved over time! I'm sorry that you're leaving the world of blogging, but I can totally understand that it is the right decision for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thanks .Yes its time and the right choice for me but not leaving til June

      Delete
  8. Ahh~ It's always a good thing to take break sometimes and relax. It's great that your blog evolved over time because your followers will always get to see a different side of your interests.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally understand the need for a long break. I took one and it helped renew my lovo for blogging.

    Evolving is a natural process, it depends on how we translate that into our blog :)

    You will be missed hon!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Going to miss your blog, but I have to admit I have toyed with the idea of stopping for a while too. Sometimes I wonder if I just shouldn't stop because my posts have become infrequent due to the rest of my life being so chaotic lately. I love reading your reviews, and will miss them, but I can certainly understand. I wish you happiness with whatever you choose to pursue!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I completely understand taking a break! But I am happy that you will still be around on Twitter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I understand, but will miss you terribly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the best to you Julie!!! You will be missed :)

    My reading tastes have also changed and evolved and it's amazing. I never would have picked up half of these books if it wasn't for this community!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well you say quitting in June but then later you say a break - I hope it really is just a break and not quitting for good! I only just recently found you!! *sniffles*

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks