Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Taken Book Review

Grey/Blaine are brothers. Blaine gets taken at his 18th birthday. Grey finds some paperwork and starts questioning even more. Grey is interested in Emma , and they have hook ups planned for the youth , but its monitored. Grey does have a temper and did hit a girl. Grey and Emma start talking with each other.

Grey heads over the wall, and Emma decides to come along too. They both get taken and processed in the city. Grey learns even more about his town, and even more secrets. He and Emma are running away because they learned even more. Grey decides to follow the this troop and gets taken captive. He finds his brother Blaine and his dad. He finds out even more secrets . Grey meets Bree and there is some attraction there. Grey feels responsible for the town of Claysoot and Emma.
Grey is the only one questioning , and he seems to find trouble. He finds some romance with Bree and also trains , and helps gather more information. I wanted more information about Blaine, but I guess we'll find out more in the next book.

I do think its interesting that Grey seems to find certain people. I love this pretty cover. More of the information about the City came towards the end, which I know I don't care for info dumps in book , but this  information would have good to have learned to care about them.

Maybe I am on dystopian burnout but this seemed like a mish mash of many things and it had so much potential. But something got lost for me. I can't pin point what makes this an okay book.

Book Review= C


Book Comes out April 16

2 comments:

  1. I do love the cover of this book! I do love a good dystopian...adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing about this book. Too bad it only got a C from you. But to be honest, I'm not sure how much it intrigued me before I read your review anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks