Monday, May 6, 2013

Reading Challenges --Blog Confession

Reading challenges: Do you host or join in any? What is your success rate on completing them? Do they keep your reading goals on track, put too many restrictions/pressure on you?  What do you think makes for a successful reading challenge? 

Well great topic today. I only have done debut challenge ..meaning I try to read alot of new authors with debut books. I did only for 1 year , and it was great . I think that's the only one I continue to do. I don't challenge myself with a number , but I do to kept track on the blog with labels. 

They don't restrict me , but I don't do too many of them due to time and other book reviews. 

I think a successful challenge where you challenge your goals. I have good reads reading goals with books, and I have done well with that one. I think a reading challenge is what ever you make it to be . 

What are your thoughts on this ?? Do you keep track ?? Which one's do you do ??

Thanks Karen & Pam for this topic 



9 comments:

  1. I did the Debut Author one my first year of blogging and I loved it. I haven't done it since then however. That's a good idea to keep track of them with labels! I also love what you said about a challenge being whatever you make of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point Julie. It should be as big or small a goal as you think you can handle. No pressure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I don't want to totally pressure myself over a reading goal .

      Delete
  3. A reading challenge IS whatever you make it to be *nods* I think you can restrict yourself, do it at whatever pace & commit as much as you like. As long as you enjoy it I reckon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can be your own worst enemy with goals

      Delete
  4. Anonymous06 May, 2013

    Great question! I probably completed about 1/2 of the challenges I participated in last year. My #1 goal is to read 100 books in a year; that's the important one for me. When the reading challenges start popping up at the end of the year, I tend to go a little crazy - I want to participate in so many. But when I think about it, some of them aren't really a 'challenge' for me. I think I participated in 14 challenges in 2012 but I'm only doing 5 this year (plus 3 goals).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's why I only do the goodreads ...just because but the other challenges are too much. wow you rock with all the goals

      Delete
  5. I agree. I think a reading challenge can really be anything and I do enjoy to join in to quite a few. But I think my favorite is the GR Book Challenge because it is all encompassing and when the end of the year comes you feel like you completed something big. Great answer.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks