Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Parallel & Undercurrent Book reviews

Caitlin is living two different lives in two different years. She has one life as an actress in Los Angeles, and another as a student at Yale , and also in high school.
She learns that actions have consequences, and finds two boys to fall in love with. Many of the same people are in both time lines. She knows what she wants , and also tries setting up a romance. There is another girl Ilana who is a mean girl, but Caitlin can be just as mean.

I enjoyed this book overall , but the only thing I found confusing was the Here & There book titles. I was glad to see the year & dates. Caitlin makes choices , and when she does wake up she is loss of her memories. I was that she was a smart student, but she behaved childish at times. I didn't like the twist at all. I would have preferred something else. This book did keep my attention when none of my other books didn't.

Book Review= C
This book comes out May 14

Callum & Cole both live in Crystal falls. Callum isn't popular and he hangs out with willow. Cole is the sport jock and popular one. Cal when he wakes up from falling into the river, his world is different. He is popular, and doing some shady things. Cole is different too.

Cal is going along in this new world , and never really questions what happened or why. He even talks with a teacher to start asking questions. Callum isn't like himself anymore. His parents issues are different too. Callum is looking for someone to talk to , and figure things out.

I loved that this was a boy point of view, but the lack of curiosity bugged me through out the book. He does realize some things , but I think it happened to late. The ending was rushed .

Book Review = C
This book comes out July 23

Thanks so much to Harper teen and these are my Honest Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks