Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Home to Whiskey Creek Book Review

Home to Whiskey Creek
Harlequin
4th in a series
Net Galley
July 30

Addy Davis is found in a mine where Noah Rackham's brother died 15 years ago.

Adelaide  is back to help with her Gran's diner. She is a chef that works in Davis. Noah is a bicycle rider and son of the mayor. Noah is also a side member of the group.
Baxter finally tells Noah of his feelings. Addy was gang raped 15 years ago and never told anyone. Her life is changed once she comes back to town.

While I love this serious topic that was brought up, and wanted more healing from Addy. She has been in therapy for many years since the incident.
Noah is part of the group but wasn't one of the characters I wanted to see. I wanted to see Baxter, Eve, Ted or Kyle. Heck Gail only phone's in her visit to the story. While I love this group and friendships, I wanted more of the core group. I love Ted & Dylan.  I did enjoy the sleuthing that Addy did do to solve her incident in the mine. I wanted to see the couple connect sooner, but I understand the reasons why she wanted it to be slower. This book did have some sexy scenes and also fade to black.

This is one series I can't wait to see what happens next. I admit that I emailed the author over this book because I couldn't place Noah or Addy. They weren't really part of the core group of friends. I did get my questions answered and I know now whose books are coming up . 

I do hope that Baxter finds the love that he deserves, but he is also the token gay of the this core group of Friends. Callie isn't mentioned much. Dylan and Cheyenne were in the book for their moments. I do think that a book with so many friends that it tends to be very busy and hard to keep track of all of the friends.

Book Review= B/C

thanks so much to Harlequin for the book and this my Honest Review , and this author is local to me.

This book Comes out July 30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks