Thursday, August 8, 2013

The truth about You and Me Book review

The Truth about you and me
Flux
stand alone
Net Galley
Sept 8

Madelyn Hawkins is taking some college level course while still in High School. She is really attracted to her Biology Teacher . She runs into him while hiking one Saturday. Their friendship blossoms but there can't be any romance til she is not in his class. This year also happens to be a year of changes for Maddie . She really starts wondering what she wants to do in the future. She is 16 years old and he is much older. She is supposed to be this smart girl , but she makes some poor choices.

This book was told over 2 letters, and not to many breaks. I found the lying my omission to Bennett really sad . I also would have loved to have seen his point of view. I did get that she was very excited by this Relationship with an older man , who really got her. But I also found her to be an unreliable narrator because I didn't get know  how Bennett was dealing with everything. I didn't really connect with the romance either because it was in Letter format. I did enjoy the ending and I thought it to realistic.

Book Review= C

Thanks so much to Flux for the book and this is my Honest review

2 comments:

  1. I really thought I was going to love this book but didn't. I liked it just fine but the letter format was a little odd to me. Creative though! I also never really clicked with either one of the characters. Maybe it was because of the way the book is written. At any rate, I still love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your honest reviews. :) I had been contemplating getting this book for my library, but the reviews on it were kinda meh --- I think I'll pass for now.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks