Friday, September 6, 2013

FreakBoy Book Review

Brendan is having an identity crisis. Vanessa is his girl friend and very much a tom boy. They are both on the wrestling team.

Angel is a transgendered  working at the center for LGBT youth. Angel has had a very rough life.

All these youth all come together in different ways.

I loved that his book was told in verse and the many point of views. I could feel Brendan's pain and his questioning. I do hope that this book can help someone who is questioning their orientation. I don't know of anyone personally who has changed their gender. I do know and understand that this can be serious cause of why kids commit suicide.

Book Review= B

thanks so much to Macmillan for the book and this is my Honest Review

This book comes out Oct 22 and this author is local to me

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading this soon, I hope I like it--I'm a little nervous about the verse thing, but so far the ratings I've seen have been really good!

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks