Saturday, September 14, 2013

Omens Book Review

Omens
Dutton
1st in a series
For review
adult
Aug 20

Olivia Taylor Jones is the rich daughter & in high society, and she is engaged to James. She is thinking about going back to college. When she find outs that she was adopted & daughter of murders , she leaves town. She also ends up breaking up with James.

Olivia/Eden gets a lead to Cainesville , and she is looking for a job , and a place to stay. She goes there to get away from the paparazzi, and try to figure out her life. In the town there are many gargoyles and it appears that the elders are in charge of the town.

Olivia is able to see Omens . Some are good and some are bad. Gabriel is enigmatic , and he doesn't have too many personal relationships. Gabriel used to defend Olivia's mom. Olivia hires Gabriel to help with the solving the case , and reasons why her parents are in jail. Rose is Gabriel's aunt & she has the sight. Olivia also befriends a writer in the town.

In this book there is mention of gargoyles, trolls, fairies. Cainesville reminded me of Written in Red . Which I adored alot. This book had very little sexy times, and I loved being in all the different heads besides Olivia. This book was slow , but this town grew on me. I can't wait to see what happens next with Olivia/Eden & Gabriel.
I have enjoyed Kelley's Other world series , but I think I love this one more. I loved that this book had many different paranormal aspects .

Book Review= B+/A

Thanks so much to Dutton for the book and this is my Honest Review

1 comment:

  1. I'm a huge Kelley Armstrong fan, so I'll definitely be checking this one out. Especially given you loved it more than the Other world series:)

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks