Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Get to know Book Bloggers #2.6- Realize that your blog made it




When did you realize that your blog made it ??

Have I made it? I don't think I have.  I still have publishers I would love to form a relationship with to better my blog and spread the word about more books!  I just try and do my own thing, but I guess I would say that when I hit 1000 followers I was blown away!--Amy Stuffed Bookshelf

When I reached 400 followers and had a support system of blog friends--Tinas Book Reviews

 Uh, I'm still waiting. :) No, really, I think I have a good sincere following that I am proud of.--Michelle Redheadedbook child

I'll let you know when I get there ;)-- The Book Vixen

 There wasn't really a specific moment when I realized that my blog made it, but when I had to start turning down review requests because I was getting too many, instead of me not being interested in the book, I got pretty excited.--Natalie Mindful Musing

My blog made it?  YAY!!  I guess I don't really see our blog as being any different than anyone else's really.  Except that we give a little more variety by having teens and moms.  I have had times, when people ask for advice, when I have a double-take moment. :)  And I guess when I ask for a book and the publishing company sends it to me.....that just blows my mind, still! --Andye Reading Teen

There are so many exciting milestones in book blogging, but I think the one that really made me happy was when I started getting a lot of really great, thoughtful comments that lead to ongoing discussions that made me feel like I was getting to know my readers and they were getting to know me. A lot can be said for stats and numbers, but I think the personal connections made make it feel like I'm doing something of value. --Jennifer Reading with Tequila

Still trying to make it, but I'm pretty new at all this and I'm having fun so I figure if I keep doing this then more people will come along/discover my blog for themselves.--Rebecca Biblignome

I don't think it has. I have a nice following and I've made great friends but I don't see myself as having a "go to" blog.--Karen FWIW

My blog made it?! Sweet... Where? When?  LOL! I don't have a very big blog, but I'm very proud of what I've accomplished. Recently someone that I didn't really know sent a tweet to someone else I didn't know and recommended my blog. That was a big moment.  Another big moment was when I got my first "unsolicited" review book from a publisher.--Jen Twimom

I still don’t believe my blog’s “Made it”. I think it’ll always be a work in progress. There’s always room to change, grow and I’ll as long as I keep blogging I’ll continue to strive to make it better with great content and information.--Lisa BoundbyBooks

When I started seeing the same folks commenting regularly- I was like, oh man, I have regular readers!--Emily what book is that ?

Kelli: I still don't think we're there yet but when we reached 500 followers it was the best feeling ever.


Natalie: We made it? WOW! I am so happy, lol. I don't think we are worried about being "the next hot thing" as much as we love this hobby, it is a great release for us and we have met fantastic people along the way!--So Rather Reading

I'm grateful for the comments I do get , online friendships I have made over time and many over the love of books. But I don't think I have made it, but I have learned more about blogging & social media over the last year and apply it more to the blog. But I agree with those milestones I do get excited , and I too am excited when I get a request to review a book that I want to read.

Stay tuned for the next question

6 comments:

  1. Lol I will jump up and down when I know I have make it! I have just started though (like 4 followers) . I am just happy to be a part of the blogging world, even if it is a very small part I play :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that all the bloggers are so humble! Thanks for this awesome feature!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL- my answer sounds so snarky....:D

    I dont really think IVE MADE IT...Im just excited to have more than 2 followers. I think the making it part will be when I recieve those big beautiful boxes with book covers on them...oh yes Im waiting...Im waiting.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What always makes me happy is when people in the publishing industry recognize me from my blog. It's always a big surprise, but a welcome one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this series Julie - IT's fun to get to know what other bloggers think about these topics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this meme! I always enjoy reading everyone's responses.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks