Monday, October 12, 2009

Covet- BWB Book Review

Redemption isn’t a word Jim Heron knows much about—his specialty is revenge, and to him, sin is all relative. But everything changes when he becomes a fallen angel and is charge with saving the souls of seven people from the seven deadly sins. And failure is not an option. Vin DiPietro long ago sold his soul to his business, and he’s good with that—until fate intervenes in the form of a tough-talking, Harley-riding, self-professed savior. But then he meets a woman who will make him question his destiny, his sanity, and his heart—and he has to work with a fallen angel to win her over and redeem his own soul. (Goodreads.com)



I had a tough time getting into this book and there were times I wanted to stop reading it. I was still confused to all the characters by 100 pages , and by then if I don't understand, then usually I stop reading . I have always finished my books. But I was able to understand all soon enough. This is an adult book which means more sex, language, and etc.



I do think that this is an interesting concept about the 7 deadly virtues. Since this is Covet...It got me thinking about what I Covet ? Not going to tell.



Jim is the main character and he along with Adrian, and Eddie are going to save the world. I loved the action , and I might read the others. The bad language was a bit much at times. There were lots of fights through out the book. I didn't relate to any of the characters at all.



I noticed that there were Many Pretty Woman (movie) references through out the book. It makes me wonder if the other books are going to be like a movie referenced in the beginning. I had to reread the end to understand what happened, which isn't a good sign. Between the love/paranormal it was just right.



I was confused through out the book and this is an author I haven't read before til now. It begs the question now..How many times will Jim die through out the series ?



I'm giving this book 2-3. Mainly because I was confused through out the book.

I bought this book and this is MY honest review of the this book.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review Julie! I still have to finish...urgh! I've read the Black Dagger Brotherhood books, so I'm used to Ward's style...I was just glad she used "normal" names - in the BDB books they all had crazy names like Phury and Rhevenghe...and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading what everyone thinks about the books we're reading! It's just amazing how every person can read the same thing and have a different reaction. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are much nicer than me,:D I just didnt like it....I couldnt even get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks ladies...but being confused isn't a good sign for a book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been confusing. I'm slowly getting the hang of her writing style, maybe by book 7 I'll have it down.

    Did you notice that sometimes the female writer's thoughts slip into the male leads narrative? It's a bit disturbing. I noticed one last night where Vin was showing up at Jim's door.....and even though Jim is the one looking out the window Vin is still described as "a hot mess". Ummmmm....That seems out of character for Jim. But maybe that's just me.

    Sorry for babbling all over your comments. *sheepish grin*

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks