Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hollywood Moon- Book review

There's a saying at Hollywood station that the full moon brings out the beast--rather than the best--in the precinct's citizens. One moonlit night, LAPD veteran Dana Vaughn and HollywoodNate Weiss, a struggling-actor-turned cop, get a call about a young man who's been attacking women. Meanwhile, two surfer cops known as Flotsam and Jetsam keep bumping into an odd, suspicious duo--a smooth-talking player in dreads and a crazy-eyed, tattooed biker. No one suspects that all three dubious characters might be involved in something bigger, more high-tech, and much more illegal. After a dizzying series of twists, turns, and chases, the cops will find they've stumbled upon a complex web of crime where even the criminals can't be sure who's conning whom. ( GoodReads.com)

This book comes out Dec 3, 2009 and $24.99.

This is my first time reading this author. I did like that it was many point of views through out the story. It reminded me of Law and Order : Criminal Intent....my favorite show.

I felt like I was in the precinct and knew all the partners of Flotsam/Jetsam..Hollywood Nate/Dana. It did feel realistic that I was in the roll call with all the officers.

This book took me longer to finish and I wasn't attached to any characters at all. I almost stopped reading this book, but I wanted to see how it all came together. I did like how it did all come together in the end, but storyline dragged and there was some romance, and flirting.

This book is 3 in my book.

Thanks to Little/Brown for the book. This is MY HONEST review of the book.
disclaimer: I do not receive compensation for any of my reviews. I do however, receive books for free to read and post HONEST reviews, positive and negative. The acceptance of a book does not guarantee a positive review, it just guarantees a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks