Sunday, February 21, 2010

Original Sin Book Review


Haunted by chilling memories of demonic possession and murder, Moira O'Donnell has spent seven years hunting down her mother , Fiona , whose command of black magic has granted her unprecedented control of the underworld. Now Moria global search has led her to a small California town that's about to be hell on earth. Tormented by his own terrifying past and driven by powers he can't explain , ex seminarian Rafe Cooper joins Moira's dangerous quest. ( Back of the book).

This story was tough to get into ..but once I understood all the back stories and characters I enjoyed it.

Interesting Family aspect of an mom who is a witch along her daughter , trying to bring the end of the world. She has another daughter Moira trying to stop her evil. The story takes place near San Luis Obispo area.

Fiona unleashes the 7 deadly sins upon the town and the towns people all go crazy. I wondered if there was a book about Anthony and Sky because I did like seeing the 2 couples relationships interwoven through out the book.

I will most likely read the next book in the series to see what happens with the crazy family of witches and demonlogists.

**interesting fact-- The author is local to me and also has 5 kids too. I got her address and will be sending a card to her.

The book is out and I saw it in my local grocery store.

Book review=4

Thanks to Tricia for the book and it was through Media Muscle and this is my honest review.

2 comments:

  1. I have been hearing many mixed thoughts on this book. It sounds like one that all depends on the reader. Thanks for a little more on the book. I still haven't decided if I want this one yet or not. I am leaning toward yes, but I have a rather large stack here to get through first. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats why it took me forever to read it too. I heard all the mixed reviews..but once I did..it was so much better than I thought..could totally relate to the area's being used too.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks