Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Kissing Shakespeare Book Review

Miranda is young student and the daughter of actresses. She is in play when a fellow actor invites her come back to the past. She doesn't really believe him , but goes back in time to save Shakespeare from going down the wrong path.

Miranda/Olivia is very much attracted to Stephen who has taken her through time. While with Stephen she pretends to be his sister Olivia. Where there she is supposed to seduce William , and get him to write his plays. She is learning this time, and for the most part she is enjoying it , and getting to know Stephen.

Very cute story , and I loved that Miranda was vocal about some issues . She also told the truth to Stephen many times about her virginity, and about girls in her era. The ending was bittersweet and I was expected it , but I was sad.



Best Line: Kissing Shakespeare had been sweet, no denying that. But the thought of kissing , Stephen left me breathless.

All right . I'll do the seduction thing, although there's no guarantee it will work. But only if you show me how to get back.


Book Review = C

This book comes out Aug 14

Thanks to Random House and this is my Honest Review

4 comments:

  1. I've seen this one around the blogosphere. Probably not for me since I'm not a time travel fan but it looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this supposed to be YA? I'm a little unclear. The cover is pretty, but the girl's shirt is slipping so low that it seems odd for a typical YA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous27 June, 2012

    Cute concept . . . I assume the reader would learn a few bits of history about Shakespeare so that's cool (always thinking like a teacher, lol)

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks