Monday, October 8, 2012

Beta Book Review

Elysia emerges from her pod. She is clone , and being sold to who ever buys her. She is bought my Governor's wife and brought back to their luxurious house. Their daughter Astrid is away at school. Ivan is the son and will be going into the military. Leisel is the youngest girl in the household. She wonders if she has a soul.

Elysia is perfect , and can do anything that is asked of her. At the home she meets some other clones named Xanthe and Tawny. They are there to serve in this household. Elysia trains with Ian and also meets his friends who like doing 'raxia ( drug). While living in this household , she tries new food, and even does drugs. Elysia becomes attracted to Tahir , who is friend of Ivan. There is talk of Insurrection along the clones, and being free. Mother is a drunk . The Governor also hits on Elysia too.

There world has been changed since the water wars. All of this takes place on Demesne which is an island in the archipelago islands. It houses the most important mainland humans on it.

Okay my thoughts on this book. It was very sexual through out it. Also Tawny was the companion to the Governor. Xanthe also had a boyfriend too. There was a rape in this book. I found it interesting that if you kissed someone , you could become a mate in this world. Also this book touched on different class system in regards to clones, humans.

I had a tough time with Incarnate too. Elysia falls in very fast with her (chocolate prince ) Tahir, and then all of sudden she wants to run away with him after a couple dates. She is also having visions of her first love( the original) when she is under the water. This book reminded me of the movie the Island.

I wasn't even going to review this book since it one of my personal books, but I got so frustrated with many of the characters , and this book having an overtly sexual theme through out it. Even some of the Ivan friends called it mighty mighty. This is my first time reading this author

Best Line: You are the first clone at Governor's House to serve as a companion, and its first beta model. We are going to have such fun trying you out.

Book Review= D

This is my book and this is my Honest review and it comes out 10/16

Some other reviews of this book : Supernatual Snark 

Once upon a Twilight 

With a Book 

7 comments:

  1. I really liked this one. I dunno, it makes since for older teens to be sexual. And sexual slavery is definitely a risk of clones with no social or legal status.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear your didn't like this one. I'm still on the fence about picking it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you enjoy it if you do decide to pick it up.

      Delete
  3. The reviews for this one have not been great so far. I don't mind drug use, but I am not thrilled that there is a rape in this book. That usually does not go well and if it is used for cheap entertainment and moving the plot along, I am going to really have a problem. You know what else is really important? How the character who got raped reacts to the rape? IS her healing time and is the emotional impact on her life realistic? All this stuff is crucial. And I have a feeling it will not be here. Still...gonna give it a try and form my own opinion. But thank you for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please give it a shot , but all those questions you brought up were what was going through my head too about what happened. Yes I had high hopes for this book.

      Delete
  4. Hmmm, the premise sounds interesting with a lot of ethical questions that could be explored. It's too bad that the story went in a direction that you did not enjoy. I definitely agree with Kara as well that the character's reactions to events are as important as the events themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't like this one either, Julie. :/ Such a big disappointment, because the premise is great and I had heard such good things about this author.

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks