Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Local Author Series--Interview #2 Lisa Sanchez


What kind of books do you read for fun ?? I'm a paranormal girl. Always have been. My favorite authors right now are J.R. Ward, Karen Marie Moning, Gena Showalter and Larissa Ione. I just finished Shadowfever by KMM and am in complete denial that the Fever series is over. Sob!!!

How did you get into writing ?? I've always enjoyed writing, even as a child. I spent most of my free time making up stories and pestering my poor mother with them. She, in turn, fed my desire to write and encouraged me whenever she could.

What inspired you do a book ?? I'd entered a short story contest, fell in love with my characters (Quinn in particular) and decided I needed to quit being a baby and just write his story already. I let go of my fears and just went for it.

Do you have another job besides writing ?? I'm a full time stay at home mom, which means I'm also a taxi, a washer woman, a chef, a nurse, a seamstress, and an enforcer. I wear many hats :)

Chocolate or Vanilla ?? Awww...I can't have both? How about vanilla ice cream drizzled with warm chocolate fudge? Yeah, baby!


Ereader or Book ?? I LOVE my Kindle. In fact, there are very few print books I buy anymore.

Barnes Noble or Indie book store ?? If there were an Indie near me, I'd be all over it. As it stands, all I've got in my neck of the woods is a B&N and a Target which I frequent often.

best experience with a fan ?? For me, the best thing is receiving an email or a Tweet from a reader telling me how much they enjoyed Ryann and Quinn. Makes my day every time.


Was it hard to get into the publishing world ?? Yep. Publishing is all about patience and perseverance. You hear the phrase "hurry up and wait" quite a bit.


Whats on your night stand ?? A bottle of water and a print copy of Dark Tide Rising, my critique partner, Kristin Miller's new book.

Favorite color ?? Pink. I'm a girly girl.


What do watch on TV ?? I'm all about Chuck, Glee, Grey's Anatomy and Vampire Diaries right now.


writing and kids ? How do you do it? It definitely takes a healthy dose of time management to get any writing done in my house. I've got three daughters, all who participate in All Star cheerleading, along with school, so weeknight's are a blur. I do most of my writing in the mornings before I clean.

What are you working on right now ?? I'm currently 3/4 of the way through The Witching Hour, book three in my Hanaford Park series.


Eve of SamhainBloggers and books ?? Do they help with book buzz ?? Book bloggers are the best. Seriously, when I first came on the scene I didn't know anyone. A few really cool bloggers (@bellie7, @Love2Read4Fun, @Parajunkee, @Novelsontherun to name a few) welcomed me with open arms, chatted with me and offered to read my book. I'm so grateful to them, and think they do a wonderful job of promoting books and literacy.

Music playlists ?? whats on yours ?? I'm all about music when I write. It fuels my muse and helps propel each scene. I'm a top forty girl, and I have a teenage daughter, so you can imagine what I listen to, lol. My current WIP playlist includes: P!nk, One Republic, Seether, and Mike Posner to name a few.


Does being in California or Northern California affect the story ?? Yes and no. Hanaford Park is a fictitious town, set in California. So while the town itself isn't real, the weather patterns etc. are. My romantic suspense that's set to come out this Spring is set in San Francisco, which was fun because I got to play with Google Earth quite a bit. Gotta get those street names right!

Where you can find her
Twitter
Blog

Thanks so much for being here Lisa and excited for your next book. I have read Eve of Samhaim and enjoyed the charcters and that world that you have created. Stay tuned for the next interview with another local author. She has another book coming out and excited to read it Lisa. Can't wait to chat with her again.

10 comments:

  1. Great review! Love the many hats explanation but egad, predominently ebooks? *faints* -recovers- Whew. Okay, I'm over it....at least you enjoy reading. ^_^ It's great that she still holds the enthusiasm for a tweet or email from fans and certainly agree on the bloggers mentioned, a few of them I "follow" as well. It's a great community out there...

    Thanks for the great interview ladies! It's been enlightening. Happy reading....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the interview and enjoyed reading more about Lisa. She is really nice and I love chatting with her on Twitter. I enjoyed Eve of Samhain and was happy to discuss it with others. I can't wait to read Pleasure Untold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview Jules! XOX Lisa thanks for the shout out!

    Hey guys! If you haven't read Eve of Samhain - you're missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I adore Lisa Sanchez, both on Twitter, FB, and real life. She's an amazing person and fab writer! Cant'w wait to read Pleasures Untold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Blushes* You guys are too darn sweet! I'm truly blessed to know each of you, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for making me feel so welcome and comfortable. You ladies rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Quinn! yum! Great interview Lisa and Julie! :) Can't wait for Pleasure Untold.

    Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview- she sounds lovely! Nice to hear how perseverance paid off. Quinn sounds interesting - I'll have to try Eve of Samhain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice interview. I love hearing about author playlists. I have them for my stories and love to write with music playing.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this series with your local authors Julie - great questions!
    I loved Lisa'a answers and will have to download those books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Twitter can be such a fun way to learn about new books, news and meet other book crazy bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks