Thursday, February 25, 2010

Jekel Loves Hyde-- Book Review


Jill Jekel has always obeyed her parent's rules--especially the about never opening the mysterious old box in her father's office.But when her dad is murdered and her college savings disappear, this good girl is tempted to peek inside, because the contents just might be key to winning a lucrative chemistry scholorship.


To better her odd, Jill enlist the help of gorgeoouse , brooding Tristen Hyde, who has his own dark secrets locked away.As the team of Jekel and Hyde, they recreate experiments based on the classic novel , hoping not only to win the prize but to save Tristan's sanity.( Back of the book)



This is my first time reading this young adult novel and after reading this book..I wanted to read her other book I had on hand. Jessica Guide to Dating the darkside..



Jill is smart and good girl and Tristen is english, bad boy..and they are both in Chemistry class. Most books seem to have science class has a meeting point ...but this book kept them both in lab and using Chemistry with Chemistry. I do like that it dealt with Jekyl/Hyde and many times it brought up the original book and I loved how it showed the Geneology of the families and notes from both sides of the families of Hyde/Jekel. Jill is an artist and Tristan plays the piano.



Tristan has some secrets that he is keeping from Jill. Jill wants to help him with his issues. I did love that Jill wanted to be a bad girl and wanted to be like Tristan.



Tristan at times wanted to embrace the bad side and do more than making out with Jill. I liked how the author made this to bad choice and something that should be when couples are engaged or married, but I also noticed with the characters it was something that they wanted to do.



I didn't like that Jill is like the parent at times..taking care of her mother, paying bills. Where as Tristan has a very over bearing Dad at times.



As a parent , I liked it and it would be something to discuss with my daughter.


Overall I liked the concept of this book and dealing with Jekel/Hyde. This is a cute young adult novel and it comes out in May 2010.



Book Review= 4



Thanks to Aroundtheworld book for the book and this is my Honest Review



I liked it so I have started reading her other book--Jessica Guide to dating on the darkside and finished it all ready.

2 comments:

  1. great review, this is one I really want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review, I hope to get to this one soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks