Thursday, December 27, 2012

2012 End of the Year Survey


best books read in 2012
I am doing this from Jaime 

Best In Books 2012


1. Best Book You Read In 2012? (You can break it down by genre if you want)

Adult fiction: The Angel, Chasing Magic,
Contemporary YAMeant to Be 
Dystopian YA: The Hallowed Ones
Sci-fi/supernatural/paranormal-ish (big lumping together): The Raven Boys, The Lost Prince
Fantasy: Crown of Embers , Shadow and Bone 
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t? Eve and Adam & Beta & Incarnate . I loved that the covers brought me in but ended not liking them as much. 

 3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012? Shadow and Bone ...simply amazing 

 4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
Shadow and Bone, The Raven Boys 
 5. Best series you discovered in 2012? Ever Night series 

 6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012? Lauren Morrill , Marissa Meyer ( Cinder) 

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you? I would say Fantasy was big for me this year and I enjoyed it very much 


 9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
Shadow and Bone 
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?

11. Most memorable character in 2012? Darkling 

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012? Send me a Sign 


 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012? 

Fave scene: couch, rooftop, candy red shoes

Best Lines:  Pride was such a funny thing. People would starve for it; they'd kill to keep it or kill because it had been injured. Pride wasn't something she'd ever had a lot of. Her pride came from things beyond her control. She was proud of her magical abilities , but those had just happened, an accident at birth. She was proud of Terrible, proud to be with him,but that was just because he was who he was.

That was the problem with love, though , wasn't it. It couldn't be helped, couldn't be controlled. It just roared in and took whatever it wanted, destroyed what it wanted; the most dangerous addiction of all because nobody survived it intact. But an addiction that was impossible to let go, because even through her misery and the awful certainty that the right thing to do would be to end it before she caused him any more pain, she couldn't.

Chasing Magic 

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012? 
Crux was my longest 693 
Brave --reading it to my kids 



 17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers! 

Beta 

18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Chess and Terrible 
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously
Just one day 
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else: The Hallowed and anything that Karen Recommends to me 

 Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2012 (optional)



3. Best discussion you had on your blog? Usually the discussion about blogging but the best response I had was discussing the Story siren and publishers 

4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog? Usually I enjoy the BB101 from parajunkee and designers 

5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)? Going to NYMBC and also meeting Gayle & Stephanie . I also hung out with Allison :) I also did a movie night with some of my other book blogging friends. 


this is Mindy, Jaime, Patricia, and I  




6. Best moment of book blogging in 2012? That while I was unable to make it to BEA/ALA I have such great friends who would pick up the books off my wishlist. 

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love? Starters 


10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year? Nope I didn't do any challenges 

Looking Ahead…


1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013? I need to read the Passage series 

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013? Stephanie Perkins last book in series 

3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013? To keep enjoying blogging and not get burnt out . I have been doing this for 6 years. I enjoy the bookish community every day. 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks Julie! I'm glad you loved The Hallowed Ones as much as I did.

    I'm surprised by how much I enjoyed the fantasy genre this year. It's not really a favorite of mine but there were so many good ones in 2012.

    It's funny - I enjoyed Eve & Adam MORE than I expected. Maybe because I've been burned by pretty covers before lol It was much lighter than I thought it would be but it was cute. (Your review convinced me to read that one)

    I really want to read The Crown & Embers series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes karen read that series :)

      You are my book enabler with book recommendations

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading this. I really need to pick up Shadow and Bone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to read The Hallowed Ones apparently! It did NOT sound like something I'd be into but SO many people are loving it. ALSO I keep seeing Shadow & Bone on these lists! Need to move that up! I never was really interested in it until I saw her on the Fierce Reads tour and then started seeing all the love for it! ALSO I was totally bummed with Eve & Adam too! :(

    Thanks for joining, Julie! I've loved chatting with you more this year! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed chatting with you too. Yes the Hallowed ones was amazing good. Yes Shadow and Bone was good.

      Delete
  4. I've just bought Shadow and Bone-- having high expectations especially after reading your post! :D Have a great reading year 2013--

    My End Of Year Survey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you enjoy it. Hope that you had a great reading year too :) Thanks for stopping by

      Delete

Help me feed the Monkeys--We love comments

We are an award free zone. Thanks so much for all the previous awards, but I can't continue passing them on at this time. Thanks